Dog Friendly at Golden Sands
At Golden Sands, Dawlish Warren we have some great dog friendly holiday homes. However, we do ask that dogs are kept on a lead and wear an identity tag - just in case they should get lost! Dog owners, please remember to clean up after your dog at all times whilst on the park. As at most sites, there are some areas that are restricted for dogs.
Local restrictions from South Devon District Council do mean that certain areas of all beaches carry a dog ban from the 1st May to 30th September.
- Dawlish Warren - Dogs are not permitted: from 1 April to 30 September between the lifeguard tower and groyne 3 on the beach. From 1 May to 30 September on a 230 metre section of the beach, west of Red Rock Café (follow seawall from Dawlish Warren), nor beyond groyne 9 main beach (all year round). Dogs are permitted: all year round on the section of the beach directly to the right of the lifeguard tower (tidal beach) and between groyne 4 and 9 on the main beach. Around the main resort and nature reserve all dogs must be kept on leads, no more than 2 metres in length, all year round.
- River Beach, Teignmouth - dogs are permitted all year round
- Ness Cove, Shaldon - dogs are permitted all year round
- Holcombe Beach - East Cliff Slipway, Teignmouth - dogs are permitted all year round
- Teignmouth Beach - dogs are not permitted from 1 May to 30 September along the seashore between the slipway at Eastcliff and the Lighthouse at the Point. Dogs are to be kept on a lead in and around the Den and Promenade
- Shaldon Beach - dogs are not permitted from 1 May to 30 September along the seashore between the Clipper Quay and the steps to the beach approximately 410 metres south east of the Clipper Quay
- Dawlish Town Beach and Coryton Cove - dogs are permitted along the seashore from the slipway adjacent to the Railway Station until 230 metres before Red Rock at Dawlish Warren. Dogs are not permitted along the seashore from the slipway to Coryton Cove from 1 May to 30 September
Please note extra charges apply when bringing a pet.